Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Second opinion] If a separated parent goes abroad without

Customer Question

second opinion] If a separated parent goes abroad without her children, does she have to inform the other parent, in this particular case the children are being looked after by friends and NOT the other parent of whom knows nothing about the other parent being out of the country
JA: Who currently has legal custody?
Customer: neither yet !
JA: Is there a child custody order in place?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No there is nothing else
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is Stuart. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today. I have been in the legal profession, in high street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law. Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply. Although I am shown online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing. Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board. So please bear with me as I cannot usually reply instantly. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight. I apologise for any delay. Kind regards Stuart

Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

There is nothing to stop the parent doing that but the parent who remains can allege that the parent who went abroad abandoned the children so it wouldn’t be a good idea to simply disappear even for a couple of weeks holiday without actually telling the remaining parent.

But legally, they don’t break any law.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Stuart

Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Can I help you any further with this?

It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding.

Please don't hesitate to ask.

Stuart

Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

Hello again.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Stuart

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou no further help is needed, once again thankyou for your good advice. Kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  Stuart J replied 13 days ago.

My pleasure.

By the way, if you would like to ask me a new question in the future, (not just clarification on this thread, then please just type @ (the at sign) followed by my name and you’ll be able to select my username to tag me in the question.

If you like, you can also put “For Stuart J only” in the question thread and then the other experts will know that it’s for me.

You can also tag me as one of your favourite experts.

Kind regards.

Stuart