MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My husband has recently told me that he is gay after 30

Customer Question

My husband has recently told me that he is gay after 30 years of marriage. He is 63 years old. He has also informed me that he is in a relationship with a 17 year old boy. We have a 27 yr old son who I can’t bear to tell. What legal rights do I have. He has already told me that he has brought the boy back when I have been at work. What are my legal rights pls
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: No steps as haven’t told our son yet as he is away in France
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He would like to maintain an open marriage and keep the house but lead separate lives but remain united in front of our son
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No would rather text
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

May I ask what is your ideal outcome to the situation?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I want to know what my legal rights are with the house. It is in joint names.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No I can’t have a phone call
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

I can see the platform has offered you a call. If you do not need one, we can continue to discuss it here on the chat. If you change your mind and want a call, feel free to request and we can arrange one for you.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 7 days ago.

If the house is in joint names, it basically means that both owners own the whole of the property and have equal rights to the property. 

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

If you have a joint mortgage with a partner, each person owns an equal share of the property. This means that if you split up, you each have the right to remain living there. It also means you're equally responsible for the mortgage repayments.

I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.