plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am british and currently in France, a juvenile court has

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am british and currently in France
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: a juvenile court has recognized my ex to have mental health issues
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: and took my son away to foster care I have now won the juvenile court case and my son is going to be released from Foster Care to my care on 16th of August I will have another proceeding in France on 8 September where I will request sole parental responsiblity which I expect to be given
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that's it. My question is what is the most cost effective way to apply in the UK to mirror both Juvenile and to-be family court orders
Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. I’ll do my best to assist you and provide an accurate and speedy response. Please bear with me as this is an email service and not live chat. Also note that the discussions here are for general information purposes only and do not constitute a lawyer client relationship.

Let me just review your query and I’ll come back to you with any points I need clarifying in order to be able to answer.

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for your patience. 

The most straightforward way is to have the agreement reached (or ordered) in the foreign court adapted into a consent order format for the UK court and then this would be signed by both parties and submitted along with the c100 form as an agreed order.

The application fee would be £53, the form you need is here:

c100 form 

It would make sense to engage a lawyer to draft the consent order and you will probably get the most competitive quote from a direct access barrister, for this see here:

https://www.mybarrister.co.uk

I trust that this is helpful - can I clarify anything more for you?

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

I didn't hear from you again, but I trust that the information provided was of assistance.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. You can request me personally on a new question thread saving my profile as one of your preferred experts and by tagging me (@PLCLEGAL) at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter.

Have a great day!