How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2076
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

How dise a grandmother get perental rightz iver a child, No

Customer Question

How dise a grandmother get perental rightz iver a child
JA: What steps has the grandmother taken? Has she filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: No trying to find what papers i need
JA: The Family Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does the grandmother live in?
Customer: Rhyl north wales
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

To answer your enquiry, you do not have parental responsibility for your grandchild. The mum would normally have parental responsibility and as a result are able to make the decisions about the day-to-day care and welfare of the child unless the Court makes an alternative order.

Hence, you will need to apply for a court order (specifically, a Child Arrangements Order). Because grandparents generally don't have parental responsibility, you will need to state in your application the circumstances why you are applying. In your case, state that there has been no contact from the parents for at least 3 years, and that you have actively cared for the child since he was transferred to your custody.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

To apply for one, you may use the form in this webpage, and it should contain instructions on mail. It would also be advisable to seek the assistance of a family solicitor to assist you further. To find a local solicitor within your area, you may visit the following website and use their search function: There are many family solicitors that specialize in this field.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.