MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Twst I, H, H, I

Customer Question

Twst I
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: H
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: H
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, I need help with divorce
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What documents I need

To give you an overview of your enquiry, here is a brief outline of the divorce proceedings:

• To file for a divorce, you should fill out a D8 Form here. It should contain mailing instructions. If your husband consents to the divorce, this will streamline the entire process. Six weeks and one day after the date of the Decree Nisi, the Petitioner can apply for Decree Absolute.

• You can apply for a Decree Absolute. You can have the matter of your assets be settled amongst yourselves, or have the court resolve it if you have trouble reaching an agreement. The matter of dividing your assets as well as the custody of your child may be negotiated. Whatever you may have agreed upon will be included in the court order.

• After the court proceedings, both of you will eventually receive an absolute divorce decree, signifying the end of your marriage.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok, and we have kids
Th list for documents are the same ?

To apply for a divorce, you’ll need the following documents:

• yours and your husband or wife’s full name and address
  • your original marriage certificate or a certified copy (and a certified translation if it’s not in English)
  • proof of your name change if you’ve changed it since you got married - for example, your marriage certificate or a deed poll

You will also be asked for your husband or wife’s current address. This is so the court can send them a copy of the divorce application.

Yes, the list of documents is the same.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No thanks

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further enquiries in the future. We are always happy to help.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

No problem.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I rate and leave tips

May I ask what you mean?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s it) we can close conversation

No problem.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.