How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9107
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

How much do I have to pay for your services? Divorce

Customer Question

how much do I have to pay for your services?
JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: Divorce completed, court order may 31st to transfer house as major asset into my name, land says that if I want to change ownership on title deeds to myself and my new partner, I need AP1 TR1 and my partner's identity form together with my ex husbands consent which he will not give (in my opinion) I petitioned for his violent abusive behaviour (he is still subject to a poilice non molestation order until November) I have decree absolute as of 14th June 22 which is why I have had so much stress. Mortgage being paid off tomorrow with lender's consent. Help?
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Cambridgeshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am worried about tax implications and should I get a transfer deed drawn up? but how do we get his consent, he didnt consent to the divorce for an awful 18 months???
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. I’ll do my best to assist you and provide an accurate and speedy response. Please bear with me as this is an email service and not live chat. Also note that the discussions here are for general information purposes only and do not constitute a lawyer client relationship.

Let me just review your query and I’ll come back to you with any points I need clarifying in order to be able to answer.

Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

Can you confirm - do you have a final court order stating that the property is to be transferred into your name?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
prefer having a written answer as this response is not legally binding thanks
Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

I understand.

If you have the court order for the transfer and your ex husband refuses to sign the paperwork, then you can apply to court with a D11 application for the judge to sign the papers on his behalf in order to effect the transfer.

You do this under the "liberty to apply" provision at the end of your final court order you have in relation to the matrimonial finances.

The D11 application costs £167 to file and the application form is here:

You state in the application form that you are making an application under the liberty to apply provision as the order cannot be implemented due to your ex refusing to sign the transfer paperwork in respect of the [insert clause number] relevant clause in your court order.

I trust that this is helpful - can I assist further?

Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

I didn't hear from you again, but I trust that the information provided was of assistance.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. You can request me personally on a new question thread saving my profile as one of your preferred experts and by tagging me (@PLCLEGAL) at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter.

Have a great day!