How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6368
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

It's about my kids, I have been granted to see the kids

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: It's about my kids
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in the family court?
Customer: I have been granted to see the kids every Saturday over 6years now but I requested for the kids to sleep overnight but their mum won't allow
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: Birmingham
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want the kids to spent night with me aswell
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is Lea. It would be nice if you could let me know your name, so that I know who I am talking to. I am going to see if I can assist with your query. I may need to ask you additional questions and it is important for you to answer all the questions clearly, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response for your specific legal situation. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Issue with my kid
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Is there a child arrangements order in place for you to see them every Saturday?

Please attach a copy of the order.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Please attach a copy of the order.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's over 6years now and she's not let the kids stay overnight with me
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Please attach a copy of the order.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

I need the order to be able to advise you properly.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Or I can give you a general response if you prefer.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

If the order prevents you from having overnight visits, then you will need to return to court to have the order varied, or a new order made.

You will need to attend mediation first.

The application for child arrangements is made on a C100, which is available in paper form and online, and the court fee is £232. If the applicant is on benefits/low income they may be eligible for fee remission and should see the link below for help with that.

The paper C100 application is here:

The online C100 is here:

Parties can find a mediator here:

Fee remission assistance can be completed online, the system will give a code that is placed on the application form, if eligible. See here:

The applicant MUST attend the MIAM before applying as the mediator has to sign the C100 form - this is a legal requirement before they can apply to court. This applies even if the other parent ultimately decides not to engage with mediation.

You can find your local family court here:

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA! All the best!