SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

It's about my kids, I have been granted to see the kids

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: It's about my kids
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in the family court?
Customer: I have been granted to see the kids every Saturday over 6years now but I requested for the kids to sleep overnight but their mum won't allow
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: Birmingham
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want the kids to spent night with me aswell
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is Lea. It would be nice if you could let me know your name, so that I know who I am talking to. I am going to see if I can assist with your query. I may need to ask you additional questions and it is important for you to answer all the questions clearly, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response for your specific legal situation. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Issue with my kid
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Is there a child arrangements order in place for you to see them every Saturday?

Please attach a copy of the order.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Please attach a copy of the order.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's over 6years now and she's not let the kids stay overnight with me
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Please attach a copy of the order.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

I need the order to be able to advise you properly.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Or I can give you a general response if you prefer.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

If the order prevents you from having overnight visits, then you will need to return to court to have the order varied, or a new order made.

You will need to attend mediation first.

The application for child arrangements is made on a C100, which is available in paper form and online, and the court fee is £232. If the applicant is on benefits/low income they may be eligible for fee remission and should see the link below for help with that.

The paper C100 application is here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/946762/c100-eng.pdf

The online C100 is here: https://www.gov.uk/looking-after-children-divorce/apply-for-court-order

Parties can find a mediator here: www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

Fee remission assistance can be completed online, the system will give a code that is placed on the application form, if eligible. See here: https://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

The applicant MUST attend the MIAM before applying as the mediator has to sign the C100 form - this is a legal requirement before they can apply to court. This applies even if the other parent ultimately decides not to engage with mediation.

You can find your local family court here: https://www.gov.uk/find-court-tribunal

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA! All the best!