How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlisonSolicitor Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 309
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AlisonSolicitor is online now

I have lived together with my ex fiancée for 3 years. We

Customer Question

I have lived together with my ex fiancée for 3 years. We have split and I wi be moving out from the rented property. He is treating me i can't take anything from the house what he bought himself. However he bought for example bed mattress which my son is using for 3 years almost so can I take with no issues ?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 12 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 12 days ago.

Considering that he bought the mattress, he has the right to retain the mattress in his property unless there was an agreement between the two of you that it was given to your son.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It was verbal agreement . He said I'm eligible to 50 % of furnitures
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it is no applicable then ?
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 11 days ago.

Yes a verbal contract is enforceable in that instance and you are entitled to 50%.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How can I prove that verbal arrangement please ? Recently he sending me txt messages I can't take anything. So, he could use this as a prove?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Also I found 2 versions of text messages like once he is saying I can take half and then later he is changing his mind by saying I can't take anything. How to deal with this approach to avoid problems with police ?
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 10 days ago.

You will need to commence court proceedings and the evidence will be both of your own testimonies and it will be for the court to determine who they believe.

You should keep these SMS as they will form part of your evidence also.