How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6379
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My ex husband got me here in EU settlement it’s been 7 month

This answer was rated:

Hi my ex husband got me here in EU settlement it’s been 7 month v are living separately n I want a divorce will he b able to cancel my visa if I divorce or I will still hv my visa

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is Lea. It would be nice if you could let me know your name, so that I know who I am talking to. I am going to see if I can assist with your query. I may need to ask you additional questions and it is important for you to answer all the questions clearly, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response for your specific legal situation. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My name is Clarissa

Hello Clarissa

Are you on a spousal visa?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

If you are on a spousal visa and your relationship has ended, you are obligated to inform the Home Office of the change in your circumstances, and to apply for a different visa, or you will need to return to your own country. See the links below.

If you have children, this may cause difficulties if they are British citizens, as you will need the other parent’s consent to take the children permanently from the UK, and in absence of the consent, you will need a specific issues order from the court. Such an order can be applied for on form C100, cost is £232.

You can read more about alternative visas, and who to contact at the Home Office to explain your relationship end here:

There may be special arrangements available to you if you have suffered from domestic abuse, and you should read the information at this link to see if any of the circumstances apply to you:

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I get visa on my own basis as I m in uk from 1 year 10 months
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
N my visa expires 2025

You will need to check the links I provided.

Your spousal visa ended when your relationship ended, and as per the links you are obligated to inform the Home Office and apply for a different one.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay thankyou

You're very welcome, glad to assist.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FOR SASH_Law ONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA! All the best!

SASH_Law and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you