Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Must a will be written with the name on birth cert or will

Customer Question

Must a will be written with the name on birth cert or will name always used e.g.second name on cert be accepted?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in the family court?
Customer: No, just want to know whether a new will needs to be made to avoid problems
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: just need to know if new will needs to be made with birth cert name to avoid problems in the future
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No dont think so
Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Hi there,

You need to use your official full name in the Will.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Your name as shown on official documents like your birth certificate,  Driving license , your passport

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.