How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4302
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

My partner took a morgage out 13yrs ago in his name .his

Customer Question

My partner took a morgage out 13yrs ago in his name .his brother for him and his brother to pay into .but his brother only paid his half off the monthly margage for the first 2 yrs how ever now he's asking for the money he'd paid into it plus 1% can he do this ?
JA: Where is he? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are in northwich cheshire England
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: Hes just saying he wonts his money that he paid into thats as far as he's gone as yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My partner has paid his morgage off and his mother died in April of this year so now he's demanding the money
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 11 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 11 days ago.

Thank you I am just reviewing this for you now.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 11 days ago.

Can you tell me if they had a written agreement and if his brother is on the title deeds?

Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

If the is on the title deeds he would be entitled to a share of the sale value, however depending on any agreements this may not be 50% if there is a dispute of the amount you could look at going to court and have amounts and agreements look at to have a determination as to how the property should be split.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.