How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4287
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

My son is to return home from care and social services

Customer Question

My son is to return home from care and social services recommend he is returned home however I have just been to a meeting where both my sons father and his son had mouthed me to the whole of the team
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: he has also told my son during contact bad things which are lies. I reported this to the social worker and I have a text message from my son to say he is really angry because of the things his dad is saying to him papers about what?
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: So I need to raise a defamation claim to the family court?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am looking for some advice on a defamation case and either I need to raise a defamation claim against my father’s dad
Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Tank you I am just looking this for you now and shall revert to you in due course.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about this, matter however Im not sure it would fully qualify as a defamation claim.   However, you could have the merits of your claim assessed.   

Defamation. is when someone “publishes” by written or verbal correspondence a statement which is untrue and is detrimental to a person’s character.

In order to prove defamation of character there are two “barriers” which you must prove. Firstly, you must show that there has been a publicised statement which is to your detriment. You must be able to show that it is not true. So just for an example, if you have been convicted of a crime, and maintain your innocence, and someone publicises this on social media you wouldn’t have a case as you have been found guilty by law. You must be able to show that the statement is untrue. Secondly you must be able to show that you have suffered or are likely to suffer a detriment due to the false information which has been shared about you. If you can do both things, then you will be successful in your case for defamation.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.