Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Can you advise me of my rights as a grandparent to see my

Customer Question

Good morning, can you advise me of my rights as a grandparent to see my grandchildren aged 5, 3 and 9 months please. Thank you
JA: How close is the relationship with the grandchildren here?
Customer: Very close, the oldest child lived with us with his parents for 18 months and lived next door afterwards. No contact allowed since parents split up
JA: Where do your children live? Visitation rights vary by location.
Customer: south Derbyshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so Thank you
Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Hi there,

Only people with parental responsibility, for example parents, step-parents or guardians can make an application for a Contact Order. Whilst grandparents rights are limited they can, however, apply for permission (leave) to apply for a Contact Order and the courts will consider the following:

• The applicant’s connection with the child.

• The nature of the application for contact.

• Whether the application might be potentially harmful to the child’s well-being in any way.

Grand parents can apply for a Contact Order through the court to gain access to your grandchildren by filling C100 application form.

They can apply online by using the below web link-

https://www.gov.uk/contact-grandchild-parents-divorce-separate

However, before approaching the court, they should try to get the issue resolved amicably or with the help of family mediation services

You can approach your local council /citizen advice bureau , most of them have family mediation services.

Else you can find a local mediator using the below weblink-

https://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/find-local-mediator/

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.