ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My wife and i had an argument last Wednesday. She has taken

Customer Question

Hello, my wife and i had an argument last Wednesday. She has taken my 4 week baby to my in-law since. i want access
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: surrey
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: during the arguement, she slapped me while holding the baby in bed, i retaliated and slapped her back
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, how are you?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
okay i will do thanks
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
are you based in UK?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. I am truly sorry to hear what has happened. Yes I am in the UK.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 days ago.

You may bring an action to court for it to order for your wife to allow you to have contact with your child. Prior to going to court however there is usually a requirement for parties to attempt to have things resolved via mediation.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 days ago.

The only exemption to the requirement for mediation is if there has been domestic violence, which, based on what you have said appears to be a feature of your relationship. You may however attempt mediation, as sometimes sorting things amicably could assist with your relationship as well. If a resolution is arrived at via mediation, this may be filed at court for a consent order to be drafted.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 days ago.

Mediation can be arranged via the below link

https://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 days ago.

If mediation is unsuccessful then you would have to apply to court for it to make the requisite orders. Please see below link with information on how you may g9 about applying for the requisite order.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.