AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

It’s about family law, the children didn’t see their dad for

Customer Question

It’s about family law
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in the family court?
Customer: the children didn’t see their dad for a good few months, last week the courts granted 8 hours every Saturday contact with dad, but I have massive safeguarding concerns now
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Plymouth magistrates court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i just need some advice on what to do now
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I split with dad in July 2021, we have three children together ages 7, 6 and 5, the youngest being autistic.
All 3 children refused contact for a few months, then it went to court and the judge granted every Saturday contact with dad for 8 hours and I had to tell the children if they didn’t go that I could go to prison.
When they came back on Saturday a few issues arose, the first being my daughter returned with gifts that were given to dad for Christmas which was personalised and told she could keep them, 1 item being alcohol.
I was then informed she was driven around with no car seat all day.
The two eldest were made to look after the youngest whilst he slept in the car whilst dad and his girlfriend went into the house without any children.
The children were told they shouldn’t care about my unborn child because it isn’t daddies and therefore isn’t their sibling.
He has also been telling them that I am a horrible person and that if they want to go and live with him then they can.
Since the children returned from those 8 hours they were swearing and putting their middle finger up at me.
I am concerned about their safety and believe this is a massive safeguarding issue right now, but what can I do to protect them?

I'm sorry to hear that. May I know when did you receive the court's decision regarding the 8 hours every Saturday with their father?

If you intend to appeal a decision of the family court you must normally do so within 21 days of the decision (unless the judge who gave the decision provided a different time limit). You need the court's permission to appeal. You can request permission from the judge who made the decision.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Wednesday the 28th July it was in court, he has seen them once for 8 hours in that time and the children are refusing contact again
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It does go back to court in 3 weeks time

You can make a written statement regarding the incidents that happened during their time with their Dad. You can present it to the court so they can consider your appeal.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am wanting to appeal and now push for contact centre contact but I want to know if I can stop contact based on the issues that have now arisen until it goes back to court in 3 weeks time

Have you discussed this with their Dad?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I also have no idea how to write an appeal and how to word it. And I’m not really in a position to pay as I’m a single parent
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can’t speak to dad as it’s very toxic, there is ongoing issues with harassment from him and the police have been involved, the latest one being Monday just gone
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I left due to domestic abuse

I am awfully sorry to hear that. Have you checked if you are entitled to legal aid? Bear with me I will get you a link to check eligibility.

This is the link. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.