How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2069
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I’ve been getting assessed for a sgo to take care of my

Customer Question

Hi I’ve been getting assessed for a sgo to take care of my grandson, however I may have had a incline that apparently I have failed for reasons I don’t yet know, but I was given a heads up by my son after he had a conversation with his solicitor, I’m also a bit worried that the foster carer has become a bit attached and made a point of saying about it on a few occasions I feel I need a solicitor to know what’s going on and be prepared to appeal
JA: Where are you located? Guardianship law varies by location.
Customer: North Essex
JA: Do the biological parents consent to the guardianship?
Customer: my son does and his ex did I assume no change
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i used to self medicate on cannabis but stopped as soon as my grandson was put into care in case I needed to go for custody I’ve said I’m happy to do any tests to prove I do not self medicate no longer and have not since may 2022 my husband is my sons carer but that can be changed my son and his ex are being investigated over child indesant pictures my own dad was not trustworthy but not been in my life over 10 years
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

I am sorry that you received a negative assessment which could mean that you are not able to care for your grandson.

You can often have a positive viability assessment but the more in depth assessment may not recommended you as a long term carer.

You would need to read the assessment report, if you consider that there are errors relating to factual matters or that the assessor has reached wrong conclusion based on your responses, then you could ask for the factual inaccuracies to be changed.

Also, depending on the concerns that have been mentioned in the report, regarding your ability to care for your grandson, you could ask whether support can be provided. 

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. I am always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.