How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6405
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I’ve got a question regarding Child Maintenance, He’s four

Customer Question

Hi, I’ve got a question regarding Child Maintenance
JA: How old is the child? Where do they live?
Customer: He’s four years old, and lives with me full time
JA: Is there an agreement for payment of child support?
Customer: Two weeks ago I apply for Child Maintenance
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This week I received a letter from Child Maintenance, saying that they cannot reach the paying parent
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is Lea. It would be nice if you could let me know your name, so that I know who I am talking to. I am going to see if I can assist with your query. I may need to ask you additional questions and it is important for you to answer all the questions clearly, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response for your specific legal situation. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can we just talk on here
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

What is your query regarding child maintenance?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.


What is your query regarding CM?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

If the CMS cannot locate the father, it is likely that he is a) not living in the UK, or b) if he is living in the UK, that he is not paying UK taxes and is not claiming benefits.

You will need to speak to the CMS to find out what the specific reasons are for their inability to locate him, and then, if necessary, use a tracing agent (they can work nationally as well as internationally) to see if you can locate an address for the father.

Once you have located him you can make an application to court for a court order for maintenance - and that can be enforced under REMO in many countries around the world.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA! All the best!