How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6376
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Can you please introduce me to a solicitor who can take my

Customer Question

Hi can you please introduce me to a solicitor who can take my case on legal aide.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is Lea. It would be nice if you could let me know your name, so that I know who I am talking to. I am going to see if I can assist with your query. I may need to ask you additional questions and it is important for you to answer all the questions clearly, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response for your specific legal situation. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** had a chat with you yesterday about how can I divorce my husband and I can’t afford legal expenses.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Hello again Samer

This is a new question separate from your query about divorce yesterday, as you are asking about legal aid.

Has there been domestic abuse between you and the other party in the family law case you wish to undertake?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No there is no domestic abuse apparently but too much of the pressure and blame that I am not good enough for keeping the things right and some days back we were in the car when he threatened us that he will hit the car somewhere to punish us for not being a good wife and good children. He finished the episode quickly and then claimed that he is fine and everything is fine by him. Yesterday You provided me a link to look for lawyers but I am too confused and I contacted a couple of companies but they said they do not work on legal aid
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

Legal aid has effectively been disseminated in this country, so getting legal aid for private law matters is limited to those who have suffered domestic abuse.  If there hasn't been any domestic abuse (which includes, financial, emotional and psychological abuse), then getting legal aid is extremely unlikely.  If you are eligible, then there are financial criteria to meet too.

You can find out for yourself whether you are eligible by completing the online process at the following link. If you are eligible, then the site will give you a number to call for initial guidance.

If you're not eligible, you will have to either self represent or instruct a fee paying solicitor. You can find one here:

Please note that not all solicitors do legal aid work, so you have to find out first if you are eligible for legal aid via the link above, and if you are they will help you find someone.  If you are not eligible, then the next link will help you find a solicitor in your area - you'll have to pay for that yourself, or self represent.

Remember that not everyone uses a lawyer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks. Can you please guide me how self represent work or what is the proceedure.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

It is beyond the scope of a Q&A forum to explain to you how to self represent, but many lawyers have written books on the subject.

Do a search on Amazon for a book on "divorcing without a lawyer".

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks that was helpful, feels good to talk to you
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

You're very welcome, always glad to assist. You can always open new questions and mark them for my attention if you wish.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 8 days ago.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA! All the best!