Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

From a legal perspective Does "practitioners from services

From a legal perspectiveDoes
"practitioners from services working with the adult at risk, their family and carers;"Mean the Practitioners who represent the adult at risk, their families and carers onlyOrThis is sentence a list and all participants are required as a minimum?Full statutory guidance textParticipation in strategy discussion/ meetings
When deciding who should be involved in strategy meetings and discussions practitioners should use their professional judgement, based on the information gained to date.
At a minimum the following should be included:
appropriate personnel with responsibility for adult protection in police and social services;
the practitioner making the report;
practitioners from services working with the adult at risk, their family and carers;
a doctor from the service who has/may be providing a medical examination

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
please ask for an understanding of the grammatical legal definition. Ty

It seems to me in this context it is something of a catch all term it means representatives of those professional organisations that are working with the adult at risk, their family and/or carers should attend the strategy/discussion meetings. So it is not saying that carers and family should attend, nor is it saying the person at risk should attend but representatives of the organisations working with those people can attend. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney