How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27220
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

My sons partner is saying she is going to take their very

This answer was rated:

My sons partner is saying she is going to take their very bright 6 year old daughter and leave and has found somewhere temporary to stay for a few weeks, He financially bears the brunt of their living costs. Our granddaughter frequently states she doesn’t like mummy and mummy is nasty and she wishes it was just her and daddy and us, her grandparents. What can our son do?
JA: What steps have the grandparents taken? Have they filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: We have done nothing yet this all blew up yesterday although the relationship has been poor for a long time and we expressed concerns about her parenting skills to our GP three years ago
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do the grandparents live in?
Customer: we live in east yorkshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Our sons partner has always been hostile to us, despite us helping them financially and with child care

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

do you suspect that the mother is trying to alienate the child from her family?

is your son prepared to get court ordered contact now?

Stuart J and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
she is. She does not allow us, the grandparents into the house now so we can only visit when she is out. Our son as been sleeping on the floor in his daughters room for over a year now as she has commandeered the bed. I look forward

You ask what your son can do. More importantly what does he want to do?

What do you want to do?