How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6368
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

How do get a mediation service to sort family issues, what

This answer was rated:

Hi how do get a mediation service to sort family issues
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in the family court?
Customer: what is the charge
JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: no not yet. Issues with domestic violence. So try a way to get my husband out
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is Lea. It would be nice if you could let me know your name, so that I know who I am talking to. I am going to see if I can assist with your query. I may need to ask you additional questions and it is important for you to answer all the questions clearly, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response for your specific legal situation. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi my name is Anisha
How do I get an occupation order and how much it cost ? Due to domastic violence I wanted to get out of the house which is a joint mortgage and have three children

Your initial query was about mediation - and now an occupation order?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Both I needed to sort out finance

If there has been a recent incident of domestic abuse in the last seven days, you will be able to apply for a non molestation order (NMO) on an urgent without notice basis. This means that you should get a hearing in the next day or two and the court will decide on whether to grant an interim order or whether to list the matter for a hearing so that the respondent can attend court to answer to the allegations about him/her. If the court grants an interim order it will need to be served on the respondent before it is effective.  This will protect you whilst the court considers the second part of your application, on the same form, for an occupation order.  The court will want to hear from both parties before awarding an occupation order.

Non Molestation/Occupation Order form FL401:

You might be able to get help with completing the application and the statement you have to write to accompany it, from - they are a charity. There is no court fee to file the FL401.

You might be eligible for legal aid and should check here:

If not eligible for legal aid, you can find a solicitor here:

Mediation is not suitable for those experiencing domestic abuse, so you do not have to attend mediation.

SASH_Law and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok. Can I go off line and wait for email?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok Thanks. My husband not been arrested. Because he was only ruined things in the house. So how do I proceed to get him out?
I seen solicitor and lots of cost. She said I am not eligible for legal aid

I have given details of what you can do above.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

You're very welcome, glad to assist.

If you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FOR SASH_Law ONLY in the subject heading of a new thread. Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.

Please note that there is no need to respond to this message.

Thanks for using JA! All the best!