How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4550
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now

we have a house £550,000 and need to raise £82,000 - I am 60

This answer was rated:

we have a house £550,000 and need to raise £82,000 - I am 60 and cannot get a mortgage - well not easil
is there any way I can raise the money needed against the value of the house without having to pay high monthly repayments?
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

The only possible way is to obtain a secured loan (loan backed and secured by our house, something like Homeowner's loans) which you can easily obtain at APRs (Interest rate) of around 4 to 4.75% range.

You can compare some best offers here:

You can also see this to find some more options.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,
Rakhi Vasavada and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you