How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4556
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now

I have a 50% share in a company turning over 2 .5 million a

This answer was rated:

I have a 50% share in a company turning over 2 .5 million a year . with 26% PROFIT MARGINE but my past finance record stops me being on the bank account. I am a director on uk company house but if I fell out with my business partner would I have any rights to the money in the bank.??
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

From what I understand from your situation, you will continue to have full rights as a 50% shareholder.

Having said this, since you are NOT one of the signatories on the bank account, you may not have direct control over how the money is used / managed.

However, being 50% shareholder, you will be legally entitled to receive ALL of the official dividends, profit sharing, etc. But on bank, no, you will have no control over it even if you have the rights as a 50% shareholder.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards
Rakhi Vasavada and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you