How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4550
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now

I am challenging a decision of The Tax Credits Office that

This answer was rated:

I am challenging a decision of The Tax Credits Office that I have been overpaid Tax Credits totalling over £9000.00, and I ask them to look at their decision again and change it.
They refuse to change their decision, so I asked them to forward my case to the First-tier Tribunal for a hearing, and again they refused.
Is there an Ombusman to whom I can complain to or some other Authority?
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

Yes, you can certainly dispute it. They have a procedure for that.

You can ask the Tax Credit Office to reconsider an overpayment decision if you think they made a mistake or gave you incorrect advice. Since you have already done this, you may file your dispute officially by and send dispute form TC846 to:

Overpayments Dispute Team
Tax Credit Office
HM Revenue and Customs
PR1 4AT.

You can do this online as well. Please refer the following link.

I hope this helps...

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as that is the only way we receive credit for assisting you. Alternatively feel absolutely free to revert with more queries if you have.

Warm Regards
Rakhi Vasavada and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you