How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 1812
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now

I worked for

Customer Question

I worked for XXXX, a large pharmaceutical company for 4 years (1982 to 1986) and was in their pension scheme. I am due for retirement in a few years. I recall phoning them a couple of years ago to enquire about any pension which would be due to me. One of their office staff said I was not entitled to a pension as I was not with the company for 5 years. I am now nearing retirement and am questioning this answer as I was not aware at the time of employment that this restriction was in my contract. I was in the scheme for less than 5 years but more than 4 years. I would appreciate any advice as to how you think I could move this forward and whether you think they have the right not to pay me a pension for the years I was employed . A review of the job adverts for around the dates I worked offer a contributory pension scheme to potential employees. Prior to 1980 they offered a non contributory scheme.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please cancel the question. I would like a refund of the funds I paid