Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

How many years of full NI contributions are required to

Good Afternoon,
How many years of full NI contributions are required to receive a full state pension ?
thanks and regards
Nick

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

Workers needed to have 30 years of qualifying National Insurance contributions to get the old state pension, but require 35 years to get the full flat rate state pension now. However, even if you paid in full for a whole 35 years, if you contracted out for some years on top of that it might still reduce what you get.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,