Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial Advisor
Experience:  Attorney and Financial Expert. Have specialization in Financial Laws.Practice experience of over 13 years
43581946

I have received and assessed VAT bill for £400 but I don’t

I have received and assessed VAT bill for £400 but I don’t owe any VAT. I have realised my VAT bill
is late. Can I file my vat bill with and pay the amount that I should pay or do I have to pay £400 now?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’ve paid for an urgent response and have heard anything in hours?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I get my money back it’s been over 8 hours!

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

I see that your business is not struggling to pay VAT and you do not actually owe VAT. All you have received is an assessment and you do not agree with that.

Before you go straightaway pay the VAT, you have an option to "disagree" with the assessment.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-appeals

You can contact HMRC and also seek advice from HMRC professional help if you do not understand their assessment.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-help

So, my point is that do not rush to pay the bill. Just go through the above two links and seek help from HMRC and it is extremely likely that you can address this issue without paying the amount if HMRC has made any mistake. If not, at least it will help you properly understand how did they arrive at that assessment.

Hope this helps. If you require more information or assistance or if you feel any part of your question has remained unanswered, please feel absolutely free to revert. Assuring you best of my attention at all times.

Warm Regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks this has been most helpful

Dear Friend,

I am glad to hear that this helped.

If you have further questions, please feel free to revert back. If my answer helped, I would request you to please give a positive rating for this as this is the only way we get compensated for assisting you.

Warm Regards,