How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Adam Hunt Your Own Question
Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 451
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Adam Hunt is online now

I would like to know please if i need business account if

This answer was rated:

hi, i would like to know please if i need business account if im SE straight away. because i know that i have to register my business within 3 months. also i got job as a nurse and also i will be SE because of travel agency. May i be SE and employed at the same time? thank you

Hi I am one of the experts.

1) Please register a separate business bank account so that you can keep record easily.

2) Yes you can be SE and employed at same time.

Hope answered your question. Please do me one favour that rate me now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you . so even if had UTR before as an employed {car expenses} i should do as a new one or use the same one?
thank you

On same link only tick YES and select under where it says "Have you previously registered for Self Assessment? Tick the relevant box below." then"Yes I've previously registered for Self Assessment"

Secondly, put UTR number under "If you answered 'Yes' to the above question, enter your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) below."

You need to do that to inform HMRC that already got the utr number.

Thank you and now please accept the answer.

Adam Hunt and 2 other Finance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
great. even i was not SE i did my expenses for petrol so they gave me UTR number fo Self Assessment. Ok so i will use the same number as before. thanks a lot for help Adam

Start from ticking "register for self-employment".

Thank you and welcome.