Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
105330465

I would like to know please if i need business account if

hi, i would like to know please if i need business account if im SE straight away. because i know that i have to register my business within 3 months. also i got job as a nurse and also i will be SE because of travel agency. May i be SE and employed at the same time? thank you

Hi I am one of the experts.

1) Please register a separate business bank account so that you can keep record easily.

2) Yes you can be SE and employed at same time.

Hope answered your question. Please do me one favour that rate me now.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you . so even if had UTR before as an employed {car expenses} i should do as a new one or use the same one?
https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortforms/form/CWF1ST?dept-name=CWF1&sub-dep
thank you

On same link only tick YES and select under where it says "Have you previously registered for Self Assessment? Tick the relevant box below." then"Yes I've previously registered for Self Assessment"

Secondly, put UTR number under "If you answered 'Yes' to the above question, enter your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) below."

You need to do that to inform HMRC that already got the utr number.

Thank you and now please accept the answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
great. even i was not SE i did my expenses for petrol so they gave me UTR number fo Self Assessment. Ok so i will use the same number as before. thanks a lot for help Adam

Start from ticking "register for self-employment".

Thank you and welcome.