How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Your Own Question
Peter, Chartered Tax Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 160
Experience:  Director at PDS Tax Limited
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Peter is online now

Captial gains tax - I sold the buy to let the house and is

This answer was rated:

Captial gains tax - I sold the buy to let the house and is it possible to transfer capital gains tax to another rental house?
Can I transfer to a new rental house or existing rental house? House is situated in UK

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am a Chartered Tax Advisor.

Please can you let me know whether the property was let on long term residential lets? or airbnb-style short holiday lets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Long term residential lets
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sold one now has capital gains tax due so want to know if the tax can be transferred to existing another buy to let property or a new one?

Thanks. Unfortunately the CGT will be payable; only with short term holiday lets that meet the conditions of Furnished Holiday Lets would you have the ability to reinvest sale proceeds and rollover capital gains.

If you have any follow up questions, I am happy to help. Otherwise please consider a 5 star rating for my answer.

Kind regards, Peter

Peter and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you