Peter
Peter, Chartered Tax Advisor
Experience:  Director at PDS Tax Limited
105623467

Captial gains tax - I sold the buy to let the house and is

Captial gains tax - I sold the buy to let the house and is it possible to transfer capital gains tax to another rental house?
Can I transfer to a new rental house or existing rental house? House is situated in UK

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am a Chartered Tax Advisor.

Please can you let me know whether the property was let on long term residential lets? or airbnb-style short holiday lets?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Long term residential lets
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sold one now has capital gains tax due so want to know if the tax can be transferred to existing another buy to let property or a new one?

Thanks. Unfortunately the CGT will be payable; only with short term holiday lets that meet the conditions of Furnished Holiday Lets would you have the ability to reinvest sale proceeds and rollover capital gains.

If you have any follow up questions, I am happy to help. Otherwise please consider a 5 star rating for my answer.

Kind regards, Peter