How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 7531
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I am a UK citizen resident overseas, I am 74 years of age

Customer Question

I am a UK citizen resident overseas , I am 74 years of age and want to know how I can claim my UK pension . I only worked for around 10 -12 years in the UK . Please advise as I have no income at all now
JA: Have you talked to a financial professional about this?
Customer: NO I am in Azerbaijan so its impossible
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: would my national insurance nr help?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 8 months ago.

Good morning

You can claim your UK state pension online , if you put UK state pension in your search engine it will come up. Look for "UK .GOV" in the address.

You will need to have worked in the UK for at least 10 years and will need to provide your national insurance number.

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond

Please click accept on the system so I get credit for my time .

Best wishes