Adam Hunt
Adam Hunt, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA, FFA, FFTA
105330465

For business self assessment tax application (just one

For business self assessment tax application (just one person and VAT registered) with HMRC what would a laptop for business go under of the 9 expenses areas with HMRC.

Hi I am one of the experts. You can put it into other office cost or other allowable business expense.

Hope I have answered your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great thank you.

Please also do accept this answer before you leave. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you also tell me if I can also claim some council tax, electricity, water & gas as I work from home permanently unless I’m not traveling to clients. I realise it will only be a part of my monthly costs. Can I then claim 20% of the cost based on A total of 5 rooms in my place.

business council tax yes, electricity, water and gas used for business YES. It will be best to have a phone chat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It’s working from home so it is a residential location and sit working at a desk or with shipping some samples
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I still claim a percentage?

Yes you claim fair share of business use of home, we call it use of home as office.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, please also rate me so that I will be grateful.