PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  MBA/CPA credentials, CPA firm owner. Business consultant, author, lecturer, US tax professional.
64119565

Does it make financial sense to become self-employed?

Customer Question

Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 11 days ago.
I'mCustomer I'll assist.
Expert:  PDtax replied 10 days ago.

Financially, it makes sense to accept employment from someone. The reliability of a check each week, or two weeks, offers financial security. You may not become wealthy, but it makes sense.

It can make sense to become self employed, once you have established the wherewithal to succeed. That could be a spouse or financial nestegg to provide security while you build your business. It could be good once you have learned your trade or specialty, such as a doctor, attorney, etc. It could once you identify a unique business to be in that you hold an advantage in (drop shipping through Amazon, etc.).

The key to self employment is offering a good or service that you know, can provide, and that you can sell. Once you have all of those, then it makes financial sense to become self employed.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback, five stars please, is appreciated after review. I'mCustomer