Kat
Kat, Engineer
Experience:  Technical Lead
110517830

I have a Nordictrack T15.0. Every time we power-up, the plug

Hi, I have a Nordictrack T15.0. Every time we power-up, the plug fuse blows. I then eliminated the T15’s switch and it still blew. I then disconnected the connector of the blue wire coming from the transformer and going into the control board; I tested that connector and there’s power at that point so I presume the transformer’s OK. When I reconnect the blue wire it blew the fuse again. Does this indicate a faulty Control Board? if so do you have technicians who can replace? and if so, how much? Many thanks, ***** *****
JA: How long has this been going on with your T15.0? What have you tried so far?
Customer: That's answered in my narrative above.
JA: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you

Welcome to Just Answer, sorry to hear your having issues with your running machine, does it blow the fuse when on standby or only when you start the belt going?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
On stand-by, as soon as you turn on the power
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I would prefer to communicate using messages please. Thanks.

The fact is tripping the plug fuse and not the RCD this suggests there is a short rather than earth leakage fault, and since there is no demand for the motor to run (when put on standby) I would say the main circuit board located in the base has developed a fault and will need replaced.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks Kat. I like your thought process. I don’t know if replacing that control board is something you do? If so could you pls advise how much? Our post code is TN2, do you cover that area? Thanks again, John

Just Answer only provide online advice, you would need to contact Nordictrack to source the part, they also can advise who your local service agent is in your area.

Typically you are looking at around £150 parts and labour.

Please call 0330(###) ###-#### lines should open 8am tomorrow.

Do let me know if you need anything clarified, or if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Kat, thank you for explaining how Just Answer operate as well as your advice re Nordictrack. Very helpful. I've tried Nordictrack before when I needed a new drive belt. Not the most user-friendly or helpful bunch but i think I can source a new board and it can't be that difficult to replace; can it..... ;-) Thanks again.

No problem have a good evening, and you know where we are should you need anything further.