sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

hi i have a 2008 transit 140 t350 van would the front battery

hi i have a 2008 transit 140 t350 van would the front battery stop the key fob from charging, its the blue fob
Hello, I hope the following assists.
One of the first things to stop working should the front battery start to fail is the key fob battery charging, you may also find that the lights start to behave erratically. If your unsure of the battery condition then have it tested by a garage using an electronic battery tester, most garages tend to do this for free but you need to make sure the batteries are isolated from each other to prevent an incorrect test result. Also if possible check the vehicle charging system.
I hope this helps but let me know if you have further questions and I'll reply as soon as I can.
Best wishes for the season,
Sean.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi Sean

the key fob wont opperate the central locking it just stopped working , but i can lock/unlock all doors with the key from the drivers door.

cheers Paul

Hello again,

if you get the batteries checked out and they are OK then it may be the remote itself that has failed, this is quite common on Transit. The only way to confirm this though is with a RF tester.

Let me know if I can assist further.

Best wishes,

Sean.