How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sean Your Own Question
sean, Ford Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 3105
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
Type Your Ford Question Here...
sean is online now

I have a 04 plate mondeo gia diesel estate which leaks water

This answer was rated:

I have a 04 plate mondeo gia diesel estate which leaks water into the drivers foot well then out through a grommet hole under the carpet.
I suspect the air/con overflow pipe as there is no coolant loss. Is there a blocked drain tube? I cant find one in the engine compartment or on the coolant matrix.

Hello, I hope the following assists you.

The air conditioning drain hose is in the middle of the engine bay quite low down, if you look near the heater coolant hoses and the gear change cables both close to the subframe you should see it, the hose is more visible from under the car. Also make sure that the heater housing itself isn't leaking the condensation in to the car as sometimes the condensation can get through the joint for the two halves of the heater housing. Check you can see condensation dripping from under the car in the middle of the rear section of the front subframe when the A.C is turned on, no condensation may well indicate a blocked drain hose.

Confirm that it is the A.C causing the water problem and not another fault such as water coming in when it rains.

Let me know if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,


sean and other Ford Specialists are ready to help you