Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.

.my daughters ford focus 1.4 will not start on the battery

.my daughters ford focus 1.4 will not start on the battery but will with jump leads.The battery is new and fully charged.Any ideas?Thanks,John
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
From what you are describing this is a starter issue, the starter is not supplying enough voltage vehicle to start, the leads are applying the extra voltage. The starter needs to be tested as a next step.