Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905
Ford

My audio system in my Ford Mondeo estate 2.5T just stopped

My audio system in my... Show More
My audio system in my Ford Mondeo estate 2.5T just stopped working, I can not switch it on, all info disappear from main screen.
First, I thought it would be the fuse from the main fuse box ( fuse F6) which is a 10A.
but when I look on the internet, it seems that the fuse for the audio system should be a 15A.
Could you please advise on this matter?
Many thanks *****
Show Less
Hello and Welcome -
My name is***** happy to help.
If the system is totally dead.. nothing.. then some of these had a fuse plugged into the rear of the radio.. you need to extract the radio from the dash to check / change that.
Either way - even if you find its not a fuse there - once out you then need to check for power on the plugs going to the radio - If no power is found, you need to check back through the circuit to find the fault. ( do be sure you have checked the fuses on the fuse box first )
If power is there - and the set is dead, you have an internal fault on the radio that would then require repair.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE