Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046
Ford

How do I disconnect the alarm on ka 1.6 sport. 04 plate

Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response Ok do you still require assistance with this issue Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Yes m8 i do.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
how does this work brian.? do I just wait for you to respond.?
Hi there if you can give me a few minutes Iam just trying to load some images for you
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks.
Hi there thanks Ok if the alarm is sound inadvertently then it's most commonly the battery backed sounder alarm that is the issuethis is the alarm module which has its own battetyIe: disconnecting the engine bay batterty wont stop the alarm. You need to dissconnect the battery backed sounder alarm This is located in the drivers side boot area (behind carpet ) I have attached an image (number 3 on image ) to assist you further If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Brian
Image
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
hiya brian. the back up battery module is not there. but disconnecting the main battery does stop alarm. but when connected again, the alarm goes off again. the engine does start but cant drive it with alarm going off.?
Hi there thanks Ok do you have your reg number there so I can clarify the setup as most KAs have this module but done are in different locations /setups
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
reg is EY04 NFL
Can you check the passengers rear boot area as it should be there (it may be covered by a gold shield
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
it definitely not there brian, had carpet up and seats down. but like I said, the alarm stops when take the neutral lead off the battery under the hood.?
Hi there ok in this case you have the early setup where by the Alarm is contained in the central locking module Can you remove fuses 27 , 32/33 there may only be a fuse 32 or a fuse 33 from fuse box to right of steering wheel
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
have opened fuse compartment to the right of steering wheel, but fuses in there only go up to 22. 2 banks of 11.? is they another fuse box some where.? have the layout from the manual. the higher number fuses are in with the relay box. but cant find that.? its not by steering wheel.?
Hi there this must be the early design You need to remove the 2 screws from this fuse box and bring It downward the relay box oat the top and rear of this fuse box
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
nice one. have now removed them fuses. whats the plan now, reconnect the neutral on the battery.?
Hi there yes reconnect the battery as this should now be disabled
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
nice one cheers.