Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician

Sean, I have a 2005 cmax 2.0 tdci which stalls whilst

Hi Sean, I have a 2005 cmax 2.0 tdci which stalls whilst driving either when accelerating or motorway cruising. sometimes I can restart it whilst driving, other times I cannot restart it for a while - and when it does restart it's like nothing happened. I used an ebay computer on it and read a fault of ;water in the glowplug relay', but it's been dry for weeks. Could you advise please? Many thanks

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issue

Ok what does the red Immobilsor light do when this fault happens (flash rapidly )

Does the engine pyshicslly cut out

On trying to restart it does the engine turn over but doesn't fire

What was the fault code logged p0380?

Kind regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian,Thanks for your response - I haven't noticed the red immobilizer light do anything - that is not to say that the light doesn't do anything, it is just that I haven't noticed it.
Yes the engine physically cuts out, it lurches similar to if you stall it in first pulling away - but instead this can happen at anytime whilst driving.
Sometimes the engine can be restarted whilst still freewheeling, other times it will not restart and just turns over not catching. Yesterday, it got into the state of turning over and not restarting so my wife has left the car in a nearby town! She went back to it a few hours later and it restarted as if nothing had happened. She moved it to a safer place and left it again as she is too scared to drive it.
Last weekend I drove 480 miles in it and it didn't happen once. Other times it happens several times per journey. Sometimes the car does not fully stall but lurches as if trying to stall but immediately recovers.Yes the fault code is p0380, and if I clear it it returns immediately.I hope that helps,James
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just drive the car and the problem occurred twice. Both times the orange engine light lit for a few seconds then went again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing from the immobilizer light

Hi James good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response I was at a wedding yesterday

Ok if the engine management light a illuminating and the only fault you have is the glow plug fault code it's possible the relay is shorting out which in turn can short the PCM

This would cause a cutting out concern

We have to work on this code of it is the only one logged

I would advise replacing the glowplug (relay /module ) assembly first and it's also advised to remove and test the glow plugs at the same time as you may find if one or more glow plugs are faulty the relay doesn't switch off and overheats

This is due to it Sending a constant voltage to the glowplugs

They should only receive voltage for around 30 seconds then nothing

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you were satisfied with my answer /advice

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any positive feedback /bonuses is kindly appreciated

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers ***** ***** will give it a bash.