How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 22769
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Matt is online now

My car has had an engine failure what can i do

This answer was rated:

my car has had an engine failure what can i do


if the engine has fully failed in a catastrophic manner ( con-rod out the side) then the quicket and most cost effect repair will be to source a good used example from a crashed car that will swap straight into your car

you don't say what engine size and fuel type your car is but I'd expect to pay abotu £1500-2000 for a good used petrol engine

£2500 for a turbo petrol and £3000 for a diesel

then budget on about 1.5 days labour to remove the old unit and fit the replacement

providing you can find a unit that is from the same model and year then this will be a direct replacement with no electrical concerns or other problems matching up to your vehicle

to find a good used unit I'd reccommend the specialist breakers yards

such as:



Matt and other Ford Specialists are ready to help you