Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician

I have a ford Kuga 2.0Ltr, 16000miles, 2015. The car will

I have a ford Kuga 2.0Ltr, 16000miles, 2015.
The car will not rev over 3500revs, engine management light goes on and off. ABS warning lamp and hill start assist lamb on all the time. Now getting service required warning coming on as well. (just serviced) I have taken it to a ford dealer, who could not find any warning codes on hook up to their diagnostic machine. Any ideas?

Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is***** would be happy to assist you today

ok do you have the registration number there so I can check any previous ford sessions

Was the fault on it when fird had it in

Has this happened only since service

Kindest regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Car reg is yc15ukf.
yes, faults were on it when taken to dealer. I did take a photo of errors to show them. but nothing showed up on diagnostic tests.
faults were on it at service, but I suspect they just remapped it. no faults on it at return, but came back a few days later.

Hi therewbould you like to discuss this over the phone as there is a few things I would like to go through

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the offer, but £13.00 for a phone call, I don't think so. Just list your questions and I will reply.

Hi there no worries

Ok your vehicle was in on 7/6/2017 it had egr stick open codes logged m

Then again on the 3/7 2017 there was a new egr valve fitted for the same codes

Has this definitely been installed

Also if the faukrbus present there will be a list of codes logged in the pcm if there are saying there are none this can't be the case

Kindest regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the reply, it looks like the information you have received is incorrect.
This egr valve has not been fitted. due to have it fitted last week, but cancel by ford as there only warranty mechanic being off sick.! Now due to fitted for next week and hopefully with a upgrade for the pcm. Will the replacement egr unit cure the revs problem, but I do not think it will stop the ABS and Hill start assist warning light coming on????So why are ford stating this work has already been carried out? Seems a bit fishy to me!Thanks

Hi there good evening to you

Ok the egr valve replacement will resolve your concern

The engine management system works in tandem with the abs /esp system

Your local dealer have indicated an egr valve on that date but it doesn't mean it's installed yet

This will resolve your concern

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any positive feedback / bonuses is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****