Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a fiesta 1.5 tdci about 18 months old with 4500 miles

I have a fiesta 1.5 tdci about 18 months old with 4500 miles on clock. The fan was running after I had switched off for a few times a couple of weeks but that has now stopped. However when I went out in it tonight a spanner came up on the dash board. I checked the oil which was in the middle of the dipstick so topped it up, but the spanner is still showing. It isn't flashing, just showing. Can't get to a garage till Monday. Any idea?
Assistant: When was your last oil change?
Customer: I bought the car at the end of February and was told it had had a full service though there is no detail in service history and the car had no previous owner. It came from a garage where I assumed been used as a demo car.
Assistant: What year is your Fiesta?
Customer: 04.08.2015
Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only checked the oil. Will take it to my local garage on Monday. Just worried if it is safe to drive over the weekend
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No,

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is***** would be happy to assist you tonight

Ok the spanner light in cluster is the service light on the 1.5 tdci fiesta

The pcm does a algorithm calculation in order to work out your vehicle needs a service

From your information I would suspect this hasn't been service or it has (which we cannot clarify ) they haven't reset the service light

I can give you a procedure to reset the spanner light on cluster (bearing in mind I only advise this after or if servicing has been done )

The service interval is 12,500 miles or a year (whichever comes first )

You should be due a 25,000 mile service at 25,000 or 4/8/2017

The spanner on the dash (if it states engine malfunction) then this is the powertain warning messsge and should be looked into further (most commonly a faulty turbo actuator) this will be covered under your ford 3 year /60,000 mile warranty

Lastly the fan staying on after key off is perfectly normal (if the coolant level is ok )for this engine /varient as it has a dpf system in it and the fan will stay on Untill the engine reaches a pre defined temperature even after key off I have seen them stay on for over 15-20 Minutes

This is characteristic of the make and model

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Any positive feedback / bonuses is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. This all makes sense. I will go back to the garage where I bought the car from as they are the only ones who can verify if they serviced the car or not. Plus if they gave they need to complete the service handbook. Also, they didn't tell me when it was due a further service, and this could invalidate my warranty with Ford.thank you again.

Hi there no worries

If you need further advice going forward please let me know and i will do my upmost to assist you

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Brian