Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I will like to ask about ford connect 1.8 duratec.This van

Customer Question

Hi I will like to ask about ford connect 1.8 duratec.This van starts only whit easy start runs for 3 sec ant stops.I had timing belt snaped replaced belt and 2 valves.new head gasket fitted.new glow plugs.new fuel filter.I'm checked compression and when spinning going up to 20 bars in every cylinder.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fuel pump or high-pressure pump tested this needs done.This can be due to a fault with the pump causing low pressure causing this fault here needing to be replaced.If this is or was already checked/tested and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete