Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

It is 2007 RWD 2.4 engine, and it can not start, the battery

Customer Question

Hi , it is 2007 RWD 2.4 engine , and it can not start , the battery is ok , the imobiliser just been checked and the guy found only the fault showing as break fluid switch afylt , would this switch block the engine start ? seems not the starter problem as we also tried to tow it but the engine did not start as it seems somethings is blocking it electronicaly , have you any ideas on it ? once the key in the lock and you turn the ignition to preheat mode and after its done to start mode it does not do anything but once you put the key in and turn straight up to start mode it does turn half way and cuts off , like i said buttery is ok and we tried to tow to make sure its not the buttery or starters fault , the key with imobiliser been reprogrammed , could it be a lock problem or likely the break fluid switch causing it ?
Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: no , the buttery been ok , i did call aa to come and assist to start as first i thought the buttery has gone , but he connected the jump start leads and nothing happened , he claimed the imobiliser may be faulty , than i called auto locksmith to look at it
Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Ford?
Customer: it s 2007 crew van , 350 lwb , 2.4l
Assistant: Are you fixing your LWB yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: need to know what to fix tried to locate the fault tried to reprograme the key , did not help shows break fluid switch fault , would this cause the engine start blocking ?
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: but no faults in the dash how this assistance does work ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

If you have not had the fault codes read out/checked at all this needs to be done.If any codes have set those codes will need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here.This usually isn't the brake fluid switch at fault but the electronic ignition switch can cause this issue with it needing to be replaced.If you have not had this switch tested that should be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete