Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer

I changed out both batteries in my 2008 ford transit jumbo

Customer Question

Hi guys, I changed out both batteries in my 2008 ford transit jumbo (140psi trend) now the key fob won't work, can you help? Neil
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

Try holding the lock and unlock down on the key fob standing next to the vehicle for about 15 seconds and see if they relearn and work then.If this does not work then you will need to have the key fobs reprogrammed with a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle.MOst shops or a dealer will charge anywhere from a half hour to an hours labor to do this programming.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will check first thing tomorrow.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 30 days ago.

O.k., sounds good.Let me know how this turns out.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete