Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford transit custom 2014. drivers door wing mirror indicator

Customer Question

ford transit custom 2014. drivers door wing mirror indicator not working. bulb has been changed, suspect wirering fault. but where to look
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 5 months ago.

Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Do you have the registration number of your vehicle there so I can pull up some wiring diagrams

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
reg No: HW63 MPZ. Many Thanks

Hi there no worries

I have studied through the relavent wiring diagrams for the right turn signal

Ok the right mirror turn signal leaves at the bcmii (body control module) connector C2280C - pin63 (yellow and violet wire ) this is spliced together with the right headlamp turn signal do this rules out the fuse and bcmii .

The mirror turn signal wire goes from the bcmii through the drivers A pillar connector c339(the plug that connects the door to the vehicle ) the yellow /violet wires goes through this connector at pin B1 (it then turns to black at the other side of the connector ) then onto the mirror connector pin 8 and ground pin 2)

I would firstly check the door A pillar connector pin B1 as I have seen water ingress in these connectors and also broken wires

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps to build my online profile and is how Iam accredited

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian