Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ford ranger 2002 front drivers cv joint loose in

Customer Question

Ford ranger 2002 front drivers cv joint loose in differential housing!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

if the joint outer is wobbling about then the bearing in the housing must be shot, or the case is cracked

as its supposed to be a tight fit in the bearing

I'd say the next step is to remove the driveshaft so you can inspect it properly but from your description I'd be prepared to fit a new gearbox

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt