Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a ford transit 08 plate it has started missing and

hi i have a ford transit 08 plate it has started missing and there seems to be oil around the ejectors any ideas ?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

If there's oil around the injectors, its well worth checking that this is not in fact fuel.

as if you have a leaking injector or a cracked feed pipe then this will result in the injector pressure being lowered ( = misfire) and also leaving fuel over the top of the engine

If the EGR valve is stuck open then this too can effect starting so try disconnecting it to see if this helps or changes anything
Could also be an injector leaking fuel back through the overspill pipe, so not getting enough fuel pressure to tell ECU to fire the injectors, this is trickier to find and you’ll need the garage to do a ‘run back’ test to identify which one is the issue
you can also do a reasonable run-back test yourself by disconnecting the electrical plug on the injectors and the downstream pipe of the leak off, crank the engine over and if you see a noticable difference if the flow in the leak off then that the likely problem injector.
Lastly it’s also worth considering fitting a new fuel filter as if only slightly blocked this can lower fuel supply pressure and choke the main pump, the pump will be more sensitive to this when its cold as diesel thickens considerably with low temperatures.
It may have developed an air leak on the fuel supply

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your response but it’s definitely engine oil around the injectors and head thanks again Andy

Hello Andy

OK in that case the most likely source of an oil leak on the cam cover is from around the injectors where they pass through the cover and from the cam cover gasket to the head

so its best to remove the cover and clean it thoroughly and use some silicone sealent to bond the new gasket to the cover before re-fitting

also check the seal on the turbo oil feed pipe

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Matt A leak to first gasket you mentioned wouldn’t cause a misfire would it but would a problem with the oil feed to the turbo make it stop running or fire on one two at most