Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have fault code B1126. The airbag light comes on at random

Customer Question

i have fault code B1126. The airbag light comes on at random times. From straight away to after a few seconds or a few minutes and very rarely not at all. I've had the seat out and cannot visibly find a loose connection. I'm lost please help
Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: not that i noticed. It happens with the seatbelt on or off
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: mondeo mk4 2008 tdci 2.0 titanium x
Assistant: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am hopefully. i've only tried what i've mentioned
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that whether it is coincidence. The light has come on once or twice when moving the seat
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

With what I see with this code here it sets when there is a fault with the driver's side- side air bag open circuit.If you have not inspected the wiring leading to the side air bag in the seat this needs to be done to see if any wiring is found to be loose or corroded or damaged.Check the connector to make sure the pins/terminals are not bent or loose or any wires pulling out of the terminals.

If these are all o.k. inspect the harness under the seat leading to the seat for any damage or corrosion as well.Usually, it will be one of these that causes this issue here needs to be corrected.Most of the time it is the pins/terminals in the connection being loose making poor contact with each other needing replaced in the connector.

But if all of these are checked and found to be o.k. then the fault is the driver's side side air bag itself needing to be replaced as it can intermittently lose connection/electrical contact internally when the seat is moved causing this fault as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete