Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My 2014 Ford Mondeo boot won't open! It states on the dash

My 2014 Ford Mondeo boot won't open! It states on the dash that the luggage compartment is open but obviously not! Every time i put the car in reverse the dash beeps saying the boot is open! Can anyone help? I need to get my New born baby's pram in and out of it. Thanks

Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

Is this the last of the mk4 mondeo

If you are unsure do you have your registration number there so I can pull up exact details

Ok if you go to the tailgate and press either the button on the tailgate or press the remote tailgate button twice to attempt to open the boot can you hear a clicking /click noise from the tailgate

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks Brian for getting in touch. 141-WH-74 . I'm pressing the tail gate button and there's no clicking noise, and when I press the key fob twice the hazards only flash but no clicking?

Hi there thanks

Ok most commonly the issue is caused by a jammed tailgate latch

If this is the case you will need to manually access and open the latch using the emergency procedure (I have attached images of what you need to do)

As if the latch is jammed internally this is the only way to open the tailgate

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi Brian, the photos you sent differ to my car. Do I try open the door panel's or the bottom one ?

Hi there thanks

Ok there ids few different varients depending on exact build

With your one you need to remove the 2 circle covers from the back trim then using a long 40 torx

Removecthe 2x40 torx bolts with secure the latch to the body

Then you need to open the tailgate (with the latch AND the full Black trim still connected

The you can cut the latch open and use the emergency procedure.

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Do I cut the electronic mechanism itself for the latch to release? And if so is that goodbye to that latch and buy another? How do I know that's even the issue?

Hi there good evening to you

Ok in nearly every case the latch is the concern (jammed shut)

If you wish we can test the wiring and carry out a few diagnostic tests firstly

You will need a multimeter and a length of wire

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian